The United Arab Emirates has enabled employees with a valid UAE residence visa to sponsor residence visas for their families, according to the following conditions and requirements mentioned in Article (31) from the Executive Regulations of the Federal Law No (6) for 1973 Concerning Immigration and Residence:
- The sponsor must have a valid residence visa
- The sponsored person must be the president’s wife, his sons who are under 18 years old, and his unmarried daughters.
- The sponsor’s monthly salary must be at least AED3,000 if he is provided with accommodation in the UAE by the employer or AED4,000 if the employer does not provide him with accommodation.
- The same conditions apply if a foreign woman working in rare specialities has sponsored her family members from the foreigners.
It is also required that all family members over the age of 18 undergo a medical fitness test determined by the state, according to the Cabinet Resolution No.7 for 2008, regarding the medical examination system for expatriates of the country for work or residence, as the article (2) of the resolution has stipulated:
“Those arriving in the UAE for the purpose of residence will undergo medical examinations provided for in this decision, which will determine the conditions for the grant or renewal of residence according to the type of injury and the categories examined.”
From this framework, employees working in the companies registered in the Jebel Ali Free Zone and the National Industries Park and sponsored by Jebel Ali Freezone (Jafza) have a right to sponsor their families and apply for family visas for them upon fulfilling the required conditions stated in Jebel Ali Free Zone Rules & Regulations.
Employees sponsored by a company licensed by Jafza or NIP must meet the following requirements in order to be entitled to apply for Family Visa Services:
- Sponsored Employee Salary should be AED4,000 or more.
- Attested Marriage Certificate by required entities such as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Consulate, etc.
- Ejari contract from RERA/ DEWA bill
- NOC from employer (Salary Certificate)
- Applicant’s family passport copies valid for 6 months upon application submission.
- Original passport and ID card.
As part of the business development and customers happiness efforts and in response to the needs of thousands of employees and to facilitate the processing for family visas for employees working in the companies of the Jebel Ali Free Zone and the National Industries Park, Jebel Ali Free Zone (Jafza) has signed an agreement with the GDRFA (Amer) to provide family visa services to employees in the licensed companies in both Jafza and National Industries Park.
Amer Centre is a one-stop-shop that specialises in simplifying procedures and increasing transaction efficiency, in line with the highest standards and smart equipment, with the capability to complete at least 6,000 transactions daily.
Under this agreement, the Amer Centre will be opened in Jafza to serve more than 135,000 people working for more than 8,000 companies in Jafza and the National Industries Park. The Amer service will provide a single window for all government transactions related to family visas where the employee will apply for entry and visit visas, along with Emirates ID issuance services and visa cancellation services and other services required for family visa transactions.